12 Ways to Tell You’re a Mom to a Toddler:
- You have hard, dried up milk and juice stains in the bottom of your purse from sippy cup leaks.
I’m not gonna lie, I’m feeling a little bit like a “cool kid” right now.
It seems that my blog was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award a few days ago by A Momma’s View. This is such a shock and honor to be nominated! I never imagined how fun the blogging world is until now, and now…
Here’s my weekly shout-out to my amazing followers. It still surprises me every.single.day. that people actually read what I write…so thank you so much for that!
OKAY, so this week I’m sharing 10 things i’ve learned from my followers about children by reading their websites.
Here we are:
1. “Children are incredibly impressionable and they are programmed to be pleasers; they may be defiant but they do not want to disappoint what they perceive to be their parents expectations.” by Mom Under Siege
2. “They come to realize that they can talk back to you…” by Scientology Parent
Whenever I feel extra debbie downer about having little kids, I remember these 6 things that make having young kids tolerable:
1. You get awesome tax breaks
This can’t be denied! After having my first son, I remember getting an AMAZING income tax return that following Spring. I just had baby number two this July so I’m definitely looking forward to tax season this year! So here is my advice on this one: if you are looking for a BIG tax break, have as many kids as you possibly can! I bet Kate is banking from her income tax with her eight kids!
2. You always have an excuse to get out of things
Don’t feel like driving two hours to your 2nd cousin’s wedding? “I’m sorry, but my son woke up with a stomach bug this morning…we could ALL be infected so we aren’t going to be able to make it.”